This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Visit historic Fort Kochi, the picturesque hill station of Munnar with its verdant tea plantations and spend a night aboard a houseboat, gliding along the tranquil, palm fringed backwaters.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Kochi - Fort Kochi, Dutch Palace, St Francis’ Church and Chinese fishing net
- Munnar Hill Station and tea plantations
- Visit a spice plantation
- Kumarakom - A picturesque cluster of islands
- Lake Vembanad - one of Asia’s largest freshwater lakes
- Cruising the palm-fringed backwaters on a houseboat
- Kathakali dance performance
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 5 nights 3-4* hotels and heritage hotels, 1 night deluxe houseboat
- 6 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
- Airport transfers
- All transport
- Houseboat cruise along the Keralan backwaters
- Traditional Kathakali dance show
- Tour leader throughout
- English speaking specialist guides
Need to know
- Please allow $15-25 USD for entrance fees
- Speak to your travel consultant about extending your trip pre or post tour
Welcome to India. You'll be met at Kochi airport and transferred to your hotel. Long famed in the history books, Kochi (formerly known as Cochin) offered refuge to Jews more than 2,500 years ago.
On the morning of day two, enjoy a guided tour of historic Fort Kochi. See the elegant Chinese fishing nets and explore the winding streets of the old town, visiting St Francis’ Church, Parsi Synagogue (exterior only) and a Dutch palace.
Early this morning we set off on a scenic 4-5 hour drive to Alleppey.
After breakfast on day five, disembark the houseboat at Kumarakom.
Today marks the end of our memorable journey.