Cape & Kruger Explorer
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
... majestic mountains, historic islands and of course their varied wildlife. Come and join the safari on this wild and fascinating Classic Journey, and see if you can spot the Big Five.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Get to know the culturally-rich and naturally stunning seaside city of Cape Town
- Explore infamous Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was inprisoned for over 18 years
- Get a taste of the Cape Winelands aboard the Franschhoek Wine Tram
- Spot the Big Five in two different game reserves within greater Kruger National Park
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International & internal flights
- 7 nights in 5* hotels
- 3 days car hire in Cape Town
- Robben Island tour
- Franschhoek Wine Tram tour
- 3 game activities at Kapama Game Reserve
- 4 game activities at Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
- 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
- Airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
- Time difference: GMT+2
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: 11 official languages including English and Afrikaans
- Currency: South African Rand (ZAR)
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours
- Plug type: 3 large round pins
- Voltage: 230V
Fly from UK to
Explore beautiful Cape Town, one of the world’s most handsomely situated cities. With a dramatic mountain backdrop and gorgeous sandy coastline, combined with a glittering waterfront and an intriguing history, it’s understandably first on everyone’s South Africa visit list. While you’re here, take the ferry to the infamous prison at Robben Island, home to Nelson Mandela for 18 years. Now a museum, it tells the fascinating and poignant tale of prison life on this windswept island. Next, head into the glorious Cape Winelands and discover Franschhoek’s superb vineyards by vintage tram, tasting and sampling as you go.
5* Table Bay Hotel
Includes a Robben Island tour; a Franschhoek Wine Tram tour
Set off on your first safari in the Kapama Game Reserve, located within the world renowned Kruger National Park. Named after a Swazi king, Kapama was established as a game reserve in 1993, when depleted species, including the Big Five, were reintroduced. The reserve is now home to a wide variety of game, including elephant, rhino, giraffe, buffalo, lion, leopard and cheetah. On top of this, over 350 bird species live among the acacia and marula trees, including the rare gymnogene. Keep your eyes peeled for the smaller insects and plants too.
5* Camp Jabulani
Includes 3 game activities
See a different side of Kruger as you continue your safari in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve. With no fences, the game moves freely here and you have every chance of some dramatic wildlife sightings. Head out in the early morning when the game is most active, and see if you can spot the Big Five –lion, elephant, leopard, buffalo and rhino). Return to your lodge at lunchtime, relax by the pool or indulge in a massage, then head back out in the afternoon to catch the animals as they come to cool off at the waterholes. And of course no safari would be complete without an evening sundowner, a refreshing drink or two as the sun goes down.
5* Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
Includes 4 game activities