Canadian Rockies Family Explorer
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Walk across the hair-raising Capilano Suspension Bridge over the Capilano River
- Go rafting on the Athabasca River in Banff and look out for moose, elk and wolves
- Ride the Peak 2 Peak Gondola through the mountains in Whistler
- Come face to face with a rescued grizzly bear named Boo
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Direct international flights
- 13 nights in 4–5* hotels
- 11 days car hire
- Capilano Suspension Bridge & Park
- Sea Dragon Snorkel & Kayak Adventure
- Easy Rafting/Scenic Float trip in Jasper
- Discover Grizzly Bears tour
- Banff Trail Riders Cowboy Cookout
- Airport transfer
Need to know
- Arrives: Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Time difference: GMT-8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require a visa
- Language: English, French
- Currency: Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Flying time from UK: around 10 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to
It’s not surprising when you consider that the city backs onto expansive lush forest and there are world-class skiing destinations just down the road. Embracing the wildness is a big part of being here and the number one place to do it in style is at the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Are your family brave enough to tread the 137-metre-long pedestrian overpass that hangs 70 metres above the Capilano River? Once you take in that view and admire the 1,300-year-old fir trees that surround it, you’ll understand why it’s one of the city’s top attractions.
4* Rosedale on Robson
Capilano Suspension Bridge & Park, Sea Dragon Snorkel & Kayak Adventure
Welcome to Whistler. Resting at the foot of the Whistler and Blackcomb mountains, Whistler village is built around a pedestrian-only walkway that links a wealth of restaurants and boutique shops. Travel between these two epic mountains aboard the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola – the longest and highest lift in the world.
4.5* Pan Pacific Whistler Village
Located on the edge of Hallamore Lake, Alpine Meadows Resort offers free use of kayaks and row boats so that you can get out and explore the natural world around you. Or, sit back and relax on the lakeside patio at the Boathouse Restaurant and enjoy the view, while sipping on the very best of British Columbia’s wine.
4.5* Alpine Meadows Resort
With your experienced guide, you’ll follow a route used by the fur traders from a bygone era, taking you over easy sets of rapids and calm waters, and giving you a safe and comfortable ride. Keep your eyes peeled though, there’s always a chance of spotting wildlife including elk, deer, moose, coyotes, wolves, eagles, ospreys, mountain sheep and bears.
4.5* Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Easy Rafting/Scenic Float trip
Boo, a rescue bear, lives in the largest enclosed grizzly bear habitat in the world. You’ll hear his story and watch as he saunters through his 20-acre territory. Other stops along the tour route include the stunning Emerald Lake and Takakkaw Falls, Canada’s second highest waterfall. At Kicking Horse Mountain a gondola ride takes you to the top of the Purcell Mountains where you’ll be treated to a delicious mountain top lunch at Canada’s highest restaurant. What a view!
5* Fairmont Banff Springs
Discover Grizzly Bears tour, Banff Trail Riders Cowboy Cookout