Discover Cambodia’s colourful highlights - from the palaces and pagodas of Phnom Penh to the fascinating history of the crumbling temples of Angkor, ...
... with the lazy beaches of Sihanoukville in between, this Journey covers the lot.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Admire the golden spired roof of the Royal Palace in Phnom Penh
- Kick back on the 4 kilometre long sweep of sand on Otres Beach in Sihanoukville
- Feast on Cambodian curries washed down with a local beer in Siem Reap
- Discover the many temples of Angkor, each different in style
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 10 nights in 4* hotels
- Genocide Museum/Killing Fields tour
- Phnom Penh Royal Palace & Cyclo tour
- Tonle Sap boat tour
- Private Angkor Thom & Angkor Wat tour
- Private Ta Prohm & Preah Khan tour
- All transfers
Need to know+
- Arrives: Phnom Penh International Airport (PNH)
- Time difference: GMT+7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Khmer
- Currency: Cambodian Riel (KHR)
- Flying time from UK: around 15 hours
- Plug type: 2 round pins or 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 220V
Fly from UK to Phnom Penh
Explore exotic Phnom Penh, right on the banks of the mighty Mekong River. Head through the bustling streets, dodge the motorbikes and tour the glittering Royal Palace, covered with ornate gilding. Within the palace grounds is the opulent Silver Pagoda, whose 5000 silver tiles glitter in the sunlight. But that’s not all – a solid gold Buddha stands in their midst, covered in over 2000 diamonds. After all that, it’s time for a bit of history as you learn about Cambodia’s troubled past at the Genocide Museum and view the 8000 skulls on display at the chilling Killing Fields of Choeung Ek.
Fly down to Sihanoukville, Cambodia’s most popular beachside retreat. With a number of lovely beaches, Sihanoukville is where Cambodia’s beach scene is at. Head to the pretty Otres Beach for peace and quiet by the sea, or for true rest and relaxation, set sail on a paradise getaway to the outlying islands, many of which have no electricity. But it’s not just about the surf and the sand – take a walk up Wat Leu for hilltop sunset views - indeed excellent views of the entire town can be had from up here.
Discover the temples of Angkor from Siem Reap. Gaze up at the giant faces staring back at you from the temple of Angkor Thom and then watch as the jungle takes over the corridors of mystical Ta Prohm. Pay a visit to the 12th century temple of Preah Khan, where many trees grow among the ruins, adding to the atmosphere. After all the temples, immerse yourself in life on the lake as you cruise the calm waters of Tonle Sap, passing the floating fishing villages and observing the prolific bird life.
Depart Siem Reap and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.