California & Hawaii
You’ll learn about the history of Alcatraz and Pearl Harbor, discover the natural wonders of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and finish with a few days’ star-spotting in Hollywood.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Tour the infamous island prison of Alcatraz, once home to Al Capone
- Tour the sights of the Big Island, including the volcanoes, rainforests and lava tubes
- Learn more about the history of Pearl Harbor and take a look at the sunken USS Arizona
- Find a shady spot under a palm tree and relax on Hawaii’s soft sandy beaches
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights
- 19 nights in 4.5-5* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 13 days car hire
- City Insiders Tour with Alcatraz Island
- Pearl Harbor tour
- Big Island Circle Island & Volcano tour
Need to know
- Arrives: San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Time difference: GMT-8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 11 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to San Francisco
See the sights of San Francisco with your guide, including Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz Island, home to the infamous penitentiary that once incarcerated Al Capone.
4.5* Argonaut Hotel
City Insiders Tour with Alcatraz Island
Fly on to Honolulu and learn the history of Pearl Harbor, site of the Japanese attack of 1941. Tour the final resting place of the USS Arizona, which lies 12 metres beneath the waves.
4.5* Modern Honolulu
Pearl Harbor tour
Board your flight to Maui and laze on its gorgeous beaches. Here you can explore the stark landscape of Haleakala National Park, looking out for whales, seals, turtles and dolphins offshore.
5* Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort
Fly to Kauai, the Garden Island, so-called due to its lush, forested interior and verdant tropical plants. Drive the Waimea Canyon drive or explore the rugged yet beautiful Napali coastline.
4.5* Kauai Marriott Resort
Circumnavigate the entirety of the Big Island on a fun-filled tour of its bays, rainforests, national parks, volcanic landscapes and museums. You might even spot a turtle.
4.5* Fairmont Orchid
Big Island Circle Island & Volcano tour
Finish your Journey in glitzy Los Angeles, California’s most happening town. Spot the stars in Hollywood and walk the Walk of Fame, don’t forget to try the eclectic cuisine.
4* Andaz West Hollywood
Depart Los Angeles and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.