Some of the highlights included are:
- Tour the infamous island prison of Alcatraz in San Francisco
- Explore the beautiful coastline around Monterey
- Relax on the sands in Pismo Beach
- See if you can spot your favourite Hollywood stars in Los Angeles
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights with Virgin Atlantic / Delta Air Lines
- 7 nights in 4* hotels & hand-picked accommodation
- 8 days' free car hire
- Bay in a day & Alcatraz tour
Need to know
- Arrives: San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Time difference: GMT-8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an electronic travel authorisation (ESTA), available online
- Language: English
- Currency: US dollar (USD)
- Flying time from UK: around 11 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to
Spend a full day exploring San Francisco Bay on your Bay in a Day Tour, where you’ll hop across to the infamous island of Alcatraz, cross the Golden Gate Bridge, explore Golden gate Park and learn more about daily life in ’Frisco.
4* Pier 2620 Hotel Fisherman’s Wharf
Bay in a Day Tour with Alcatraz
Monterey Jack cheese also originated here, so why not give it a try? Santa Cruz is an easy day trip from Monterey if you fancy having a go at surfing, or simply chilling on the beach with an ice cream. Alternatively, perhaps spend some time in Carmel by the Sea, just 15 minutes’ drive away, where you can admire the quaint chocolate-box cottages.
4* Intercontinental the Clement
Watch the sunset from the pier, try some sea kayaking or take a hummer through the sand dunes. Pismo Beach is a great base from which to explore the parks, museums, galleries and shops of San Luis Obispo or make a day trip of it and call in at Paso Robles to try the local wines at one of over 200 wineries in the area.
3* Seaventure Beach Hotel
Come for fine wines, warm sunshine and the fresh Pacific air, and don’t forget to try the wide assortment of artisanal produce on offer. The blue sky, sun and whitewashed houses combine to give a Mediterranean feel, so take a stroll around town, and indulge in a fine wine or two overlooking the glorious surrounding mountains and rolling hills.
4* Harbor View Inn
You can find any type of cuisine you can imagine here, but we recommend trying the noodles of Chinatown and the sushi of Koreatown. Your Journey includes a tour of the city and the Hollywood Stars homes, which includes a glimpse at the homes of Sandra Bullock and Katy Perry. For something a bit different check out the Cathedral of Our Lady of Angels, a huge, modern structure – very LA.
4* The Garland
Depart Los Angeles and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.