Best of the East Coast
... taking in all the highlights of Australia’s famous East Coast.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Discover the icons of Sydney
- Cruise the beautiful Whitsunday Islands
- Swim, snorkel, dive or view the kaleidoscopic Great Barrier Reef by semi-submersible
- Soak up the scenery and look out for wildlife on Fraser Island
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 16 nights 4–5* hotels & hand-picked local gems
- 13 days car hire from Cairns to Brisbane
- Quicksilver Outer Great Barrier Reef Day Tour
- Whitsunday Islands and Whitehaven Beach Cruise
- Fraser Island Explorer Tour
- Airport transfers in Sydney
Need to know
- Arrives: Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD)
- Time difference: GMT+11
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: Around 22 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts
Fly from UK to Sydney
The iconic landmarks of Sydney are recognised world over and with three nights here you’ll have plenty of time to discover them all.
4.5* Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney
Fly to the laid-back city of Cairns and relax into life in Tropical North Queensland. Visit the spectacular Great Barrier Reef and marvel at the colourful underwater world.
4.5* Pacific Hotel Cairns
Includes an Outer Barrier Reef tour
Collect your car and travel south to the pretty coastal town of Mission Beach – the perfect base to relax on the nine miles of pristine beach or explore the unspoilt natural environment.
4* Castawaya Resort & Spa Mission Beach
Your next stop is the city of Townsville. This small and stylish city boasts boutique shopping, fantastic alfresco dining options and plenty to see and do.
4* Mercure Townsville
The laid-back town of Airlie Beach is the gateway to the beautiful Whitsunday Islands and while you’re here you’ll enjoy a cruise through the region, soaking up the breathtaking views of these beautiful islands.
4* Airlie Beach Hotel
Includes Whitsunday Islands and Whitehaven Beach Cruise
Located on the Capricorn Coast, Yeppoon offers you the chance relax on its beautiful beaches with small offshore islands as your backdrop.
3.5* Mercure Capricorn Resort Yeppoon
Continue south to Hervey Bay where you can spot whales off the coast before visiting the world’s largest sand island, Fraser Island, home to an abundance of wildlife on and off land.
4* Mantra Hervey Bay
Includes Fraser Explorer day tour
The picturesque town of Noosa will welcome you with its small-town feel and laid-back vibe. Browse the boutiques, relax on the beach or take a stroll through the Noosa National Park.
4* Mantra French Quarter
Finish your east coast journey in Queensland’s sun-drenched capital. Stroll around the numerous museums and galleries, take a cruise down the Brisbane River and bike through the Botanic Gardens.
4* Rendezvous Brisbane on George
Depart Brisbane and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.