Bangkok, River Kwai & Koh Samui
... the peaceful villages and moving history of the River Kwai and the idyllic beaches and warm waters of Koh Samui. As well as tasting your way around Bangkok’s street food, you’ll spend four days cruising down the River Kwai, stopping off at temples and waterfalls along the way, and finish with a week on the relaxing beaches of Koh Samui.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Take a look around Bangkok’s spectacular Grand Palace
- Taste the tempting dishes on offer at Bangkok’s street stalls
- Cruise the peaceful River Kwai in a colonial style river cruiser
- Sit back and relax on Koh Samui’s idyllic beaches
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- All international & internal flights
- 13 nights in 4* hotels
- Bangkok Street Eats by Tuk Tuk tour
- RV three-night River Kwai cruise
- All airport & boat transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Time difference: GMT+7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders do not require visa for stays of less than 30 days
- Language: Thai
- Currency: Thai baht (THB)
- Flying time from UK: around 12 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 round pins or 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 220V
Fly from UK to
Arrive in the hustle and bustle of Bangkok, a vibrant, lively city filled with colour. Start exploring the temples, palaces and markets, including the opulent Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Arun, and the Emerald Buddha in Wat Phra Kaew. Taste the delicious local delicacies on a Street Eats tour by tuk tuk, where you’ll take in the scent of freshly fried Pad Thai and feast on steaming noodle soup at Bangkok’s tempting street food stalls.
4.5* Siam@Siam Design Hotel & Spa
Bangkok Street Eats by Tuk Tuk tour
Sit back and let the tranquil scenery of the River Kwai float by on your three-night cruise, taking in the villages, temples and countryside that line the riverbanks. Sailing on a colonial style river cruiser that carries a maximum of 20 passengers, you’ll sleep in teakwood cabins and stop off along the river to visit temples, waterfalls, war cemeteries and hot springs. You’ll also have the chance to learn more about the River Kwai itself, and perhaps indulge in a traditional Thai massage.
3 nights RV River Kwai Cruise
River Kwai Cruise
Fly on to the paradise island of Koh Samui, a palm-fringed haven of white sand and beautiful beaches, we relaxation is definitely in order. Beaches are of course the number one draw but other attractions include the Big Buddha, the Old House, a 200-year-old Chinese house, and the Wat Khunaram Ko Samui which is home to a rather bizarre mummified monk. Ko Samui is a great place to try diving or snorkelling among the colourful corals and tropical fish.
4* Bandara Resort & Spa
Depart Koh Samui and return to the UK
Why you can trust us?
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.