Backroads of Japan
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Modern Tokyo walking tour
- Zenkoji Temple visit (Nagano)
- Jigokudani Monkey Park visit (Matsumoto)
- Matsumoto Castle visit
- Kibi Plains bike ride (outside Kurashiki)
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- 1 Breakfast, 1 dinner
- Hotels and traditional guesthouses/onsens (11 nts)
- Bus, bullet train, local train, bicycle
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout
Need to know
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 12
On day 1, arrive in Tokyo at any time.
Tokyo, the capital of Japan, is one of the most modern cities in the world.
Journey to the Japanese Alps and Nagano, host city of the 1998 winter Olympics, visit the historic 7th century Zenkoji Temple
We will also have the opportunity to head out to the world famous Jigokudani Monkey Park, where wild snow monkeys can be seen bathing in the natural hot springs.
Travel through a backdrop of mountains, rice fields and traditional homes to Takayama.
A train trip brings us to Kurashiki, our next destination.
Today we continue our journey with an early morning transfer to Kyoto, the cultural centre of Japan.
There are no planned activities today and you are free to depart at any time