Set sail for the dramatic national parks and historical sights of Tasmania on this diverse cruise.
Starting in Sydney, you’ll have time to visit the Opera House and climb Sydney Harbour Bridge, before flying to Hobart and embarking on a fun-filled voyage taking in the windswept landscapes of Freycinet National Park, the diverse wildlife of Tasman National Park and the dark history of Port Arthur, among other attractions. Finishing with a couple of days in Melbourne, this is one Journey that cannot be missed.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Cruise among the dramatic landscapes of Tasmania on board the Coral Discoverer
- Hike the breath-taking Wineglass Bay Track in Freycinet National Park
- Gaze up at 300m high sea cliffs at Tasman National Park
- Look out for wildlife including seals, dolphins and albatross
- Tour the historic prison at Port Arthur
- Explore the iconic sights of Sydney and Melbourne
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Indirect international flights & internal flights
- 5 nights in 4* hotels
- Sydney BridgeClimb
- 7 night Pristine Tasmania cruise with Coral Expeditions on board the Coral Discoverer
- All transfers
Need to know+
- Arrives: Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD)
- Time difference: GMT+11
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: around 22 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to Sydney
Arrive in Sydney and set out exploring the sights of this glorious city. While you’re here, you’ll climb the famous arch of Sydney Harbour Bridge. At the top, you’ll be a hair-raising 134 metres above the water, giving you far-reaching views across Sydney Harbour and the Opera House too. Once you’ve soaked up the city’s attractions, don’t miss a trip down to the world-famous Bondi Beach, where you can watch the surfers splashing about in the waves or, if you’re feeling brave, join them.
Fly to Hobart, embark the Coral Discover and set sail on your fun-filled cruise around Tasmania’s glorious coast. Your exact itinerary will depend upon the weather and time of year, but highlights include cheese making, kayaking in Bathurst Harbour, hiking in Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay, looking for wallabies, kangaroos and wombats in Maria Island National Park, admiring the sea stacks in Tasman National Park (where you might also spot dolphins and albatross) and touring the World Heritage Site and former penal colony at Port Arthur.
After docking into Hobart, you’ll fly to Melbourne, where you’ll spend the last two days of your Journey exploring the Laneways, sampling the food and soaking up the vibrant atmosphere. A very cool place, Melbourne is often voted as one of the most liveable cities in the world, and it’s easy to see why. Home to a number of museums and galleries, with a lively bar and restaurant scene, there’s plenty to see and do – and if you’re into sports, then Melbourne is the ideal spot to catch an Aussie rules football game.
Depart Melbourne and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.