Watch the magnificent polar bear swimming and playing in the wild
Includes return economy airfares
8 days priced at £4375pp flight and hotel inclusive
You’re in for a treat with this icy Journey, taking you to the frozen wilderness of Churchill and Hudson Bay.
As well as the rugged mountain landscapes, it’s all about the wildlife, and opportunities abound to spot polar bears, white beluga whales, arctic foxes and plenty of birdlife. Keep your fingers crossed and you may even spot the Northern Lights.
Some of the highlights included are:
- Watch the magnificent polar bear swimming and playing in the wild
- Look for beluga whales in Hudson Bay and choose to kayak or snorkel with them
- Head out across the vast expanse of the Tundra and look for Arctic foxes
- Tour the spectacularly situated Prince of Wales Fort on foot
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Authentic local experiences
- All international & internal flights
- 2 nights in 4* hotels
- 4 nights at the Lazy Bear Lodge
- Hudson Bay Coastal Boat tour
- Arctic Crawler Tundra tour
- Beluga whale boat tour
- Prince of Wales Fort walking tour
- Cultural and Heritage tour
- 6 breakfasts, 1 dinner, 1 lunch
- All transfers
- Journey runs July to August only. Please book early to ensure availability.
Need to know+
- Arrives: Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport (YWG)
- Time difference: GMT-5
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), available online.
- Language: English, French
- Currency: Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Flying time from UK: around 7 hours direct
- Plug type: 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 120V
Fly from UK to Churchill
Fly on to Churchill and spend the next four days at the cosy Lazy Bear Lodge. You’ll set sail across the beautiful Hudson Bay to remote polar bear viewing areas and watch the bears swimming and walking among the wildflowers, tour Hudson Bay and set off on a wildlife watching adventure across the Tundra. If you’re very lucky you may even spot the Northern Lights dancing in the sky above you. Choose to see the distinctive white beluga whale up close with a kayaking trip or, better yet, don your arctic dry suite and snorkel with these magnificent creatures (optional, extra cost).
Return to Winnipeg for the night. Within the city limits you’ll find a wealth of historical diversions including The Forks, a food market housed in a former horse stable by the Red River. Come here for international dishes in the food court, handicraft stalls and ice skating in winter. Don’t miss the Manitoba Legislative Building, a 1920s neoclassical building on the top of which stands the Golden Boy, a 5.25-metre, 23.5 carat gold-covered statue cast in 1918 in France and recognised citywide.
Depart Winnipeg and return to the UK
Why you can trust us
Round the World Experts offer superior travel experiences, have
a global team,
and over 40 years of experience as part of the Flight Centre Travel Group.