Adelaide to Melbourne Coastal Route
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Taste your way through Adelaide Central Market, sampling the meats and cheeses
- Head to the pretty vineyards of the Barossa Valley and sample the local wines
- Soak up the scenery as you drive the spectacular Great Ocean Road
- Get up close to native wildlife on Kangaroo Island
- Explore the sights of vibrant Melbourne, Australia’s most liveable city
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- International flights with Singapore Airlines
- 12 nights in 4-4.5* hotels
- 8 days' car hire
- Insiders Market Culture Walking Tour
- Taste the Barossa Premium Tour
- Return Kangaroo Island car ferry
- Airport transfers
Need to know
- Arrives: Adelaide Airport (ADL)
- Time difference: GMT+10.5
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: English
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
- Flying time from UK: around 23 hours
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 240 volts/50 cycles
Fly from UK to
Sample the delights of the city’s Central markets on your included Insiders Market Culture Walking Tour, taking you through secret tunnels to cheese shops and quirky Chinatown cafés. While you’re here, you’ll also head into the Barossa Valley for a day spent tasting some of Australia’s best food and wine at the beautiful wineries and boutique cellars.
4.5* Oaks Plaza Pier
Insiders Market Culture Walking Tour, Taste the Barossa Premium Tour
Once on the island, you’ll have two full days to explore this vast wildlife sanctuary, home to sea lions, koalas, wallabies, echidnas and the unique Kangaroo Island kangaroo. Spend your days getting to know the locals as well as the rugged landscapes. The Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch are must-sees, located in Flinders Chase National Park.
4* Kangaroo Island Seafront Resort
Be sure to try the local lobster, some of the country’s finest, or perhaps watch the world go by from Mahalia Coffee, a fabulous roastery offering an assortment of blends, served up with decadent desserts, and a tasting menu for those who can’t decide.
4* Robe House B&B
Breathe in the fresh sea air as you wander down the promenade and gaze up at the lighthouses, perhaps popping in to the heritage museums, cute cafes and bustling bars along the way. Come July to October it’s all about the whales, and you don’t even have to take a boat to have a chance of spotting them, as there’s a viewing platform at Logans Beach.
4* Lady Bay Resort
These eight limestone stacks protrude from the turquoise sea and are the most popular stop on the route. Later, continue to Apollo Bay, a water sports hub and gateway to the magnificent Otway ranges. This picturesque spot is unsurprisingly popular with local artists, and you only need head a little way from town to find petrified forests, gushing waterfalls and glittering fireflies.
4.5* Captains at the Bay
Blessed with boutique ships, quirky cafes and an attractive cityscape, Melbourne is popular with international and domestic tourists who flock to its vibrant arts and food scene and chill out on its beaches. While you’re here, be sure to head to the vibrant suburb of St Kilda and indulge in a sweet treat or two in the tempting cake shops.
4* Punthill Little Bourke