3 Day 4WD Kakadu/Litchfield Safari
This particular product has expired and is not available right nowSee similar Journeys
Some of the highlights included are:
- Learn ancient Aboriginal traditions with the Limilngan-Wulna People
- Fill up on bush tucker in Woolna Country
- Go croc-spotting on the Mary River Wetlands
- Hike above the Nardab Floodplain
- Take the plunge at Barramundi Gorge
- Put the 4x4 through its paces at Jim Jim Falls
- Experience the astonishing beauty of the Kakadu National Park
Not what you're looking for? Use our Inspiration tool to find the holiday you want.
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Accommodation: Permanent tented camp (with shared facilities) (2 nights)
- Transport: All Terrain vehicle
- Activities: Jim Jim Falls, Litchfield National Park, Maguk (Barramundi Gorge), Mary River cruise, Twin Falls, Ubirr Rock
Need to know
- Group size: Min 1, Max 16
- Ages: Min 12
Leaving Darwin, we journey south to the beautiful Litchfield National Park where we visit the stunning waterfalls that flow all year round. Take a refreshing swim and enjoy lunch before we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique ‘Welcome to Country’ by the traditional owners of the land, the Limilngan –Wulna people. They’ll share with us their local Aboriginal culture with bush tucker talks, didgeridoo lessons, basket weaving and spear throwing. We finish the day in the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where the exotic birds are not the only wildlife to see. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon river cruise! We then settle down for a well-earned rest at our secluded Mary River camping spot.
Today we head to Kakadu National Park, World Heritage listed for its stunning natural features and for being the centre of the world's oldest living culture. Discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr before climbing to the top of a rocky lookout for fabulous views over the Nardab floodplain. Don’t forget to bring your camera! Next we head to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where the hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the plunge pools. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp in Kakadu National Park.
Get ready for some 4WD action today as we make our way to Jim Jim Falls, the crown of Kakadu, where we take in the stunning views before continuing on to Twin Falls. See the beauty of the gorge and feel the powerful force of the waterfalls from a national park operated boat and boardwalk experience. We travel back to Darwin in the afternoon. During the tropical wet season Twin and Jim Jim Falls are inaccessible. Instead, Day 1 takes us to Litchfield National Park and Cathedral Termite Mounds and on to our overnight camp. Day 2's itinerary includes Mamukala Wetlands (seasonal), a wildlife cruise, Ubirr or Nourlangie Rock (seasonal), a walk to Gubara Springs, camping overnight in Kakadu. On Day 3 we go to Gunlom Falls or Motor Car Falls (seasonal) and Warradjan Culture Centre before returning to Darwin.