Mekhala Overnight River Cruise
About this Experience
Taking place on an elegantly restored and beautifully crafted rice barge, you’ll depart Bangkok to cruise up the Chao Phraya River, taking in the sights of the Grand Palace and Temple of Dawn along the way. In the afternoon the barge will stop for you to visit a local fresh market, before boarding the barge again at sunset for a candlelit dinner.
After spending the night in one of six air-conditioned twin cabins, the barge will then stop at the small and traditional village of Baan Saladang, before continuing on to Ayutthaya.
2 days/1 night
- Witness rural and village life along the river
- Visit a local fresh market
- Enjoy a candle-lit dinner featuring local cuisine
- Overnight accommodation onboard an air conditioned cabin
- Dinner, breakfast, snacks, water, tea and coffee