The Ghan Expedition
About this Experience
Australia’s most scenic rail journey, The Ghan travels from Australia’s tropical Top End, through the outback and Red Centre of Australia and onto Adelaide in the south. Along the way you’ll enjoy views of the changing scenery from the comforts of a private cabin, as well as take part in a number of Off Train Excursions including guided tours of the Nitmiluk (Katherine) Gorge, Alice Springs, Coober Pedy and more.
Accommodation on the train includes private cabins with a turn down service, while breakfasts and 3-course dinners are served at the stylish Queen Adelaide Restaurant onboard.
3 nights/4 days
- Explore the awe-inspiring Nitmiluk (Katherine) Gorge
- Learn about the inner workings of a cattle station
- Experience the red centre at Alice Springs
- Visit an Opal mine in Coober Pedy
- All meals and beverages
- A wide range of off-train excursions