Australia: Sydney, Rock & Reef
16 day tour departing from home
See Australia’s biggest and most iconic sights with this fantastic itinerary, which takes you from the cosmopolitan city of Sydney to the stark desert surrounds of the Red Centre and on to the kaleidoscopic wonders of the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland. Ideal for first time visitors, this Classic Journey allows you to tick off Australia’s highlights in just over two weeks.Call 0800 707 6010
All international & internal flights
12 nights 4-5* accommodation
Sydney City Tour with Opera House
Sounds of Silence Dinner at Uluru
Quicksilver Outer Great Barrier Reef Day Tour
All airport transfers
Australia: Sydney, Rock & Reef Itinerary
Day 1-4, Sydney
Your flight lands in Sydney where your big Australian adventure begins. Your accommodation is conveniently located in central Sydney, making it the perfect base to explore the city. You won't be far from the historic Rocks district where you can enjoy stunning views across the harbour to the iconic landmarks of the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge. No visit is complete without sampling the famous Sydney beaches. There are plenty to choose from and each has its own vibe – head to Bondi Beach for the people-watching or soak up the laid-back vibe in Manly. Sydney's dining culture is world class and you'll have plenty of opportunity to sit out al fresco with a glass of the local wine or an expertly made flat white.
4 nights at the 4* Breakfree on George
Day 5-7, Ayers Rock
Head to the airport to catch your morning flight from Sydney to Ayers Rock. Choose one of the many Ayers Rock tours and prepare to be awe-inspired by the red centre. The isolated and sacred Aboriginal site of Uluru feels a world away from the buzz of Sydney. Spend a few days exploring the culture and scenery that can only be found in the Australian outback.
3 nights at the 4.5* Voyages Desert Gardens Hotel, return airport transfers included
Day 8-12, Port Douglas
It's time to travel back to the airport for your flight to Cairns. Exploring the world-heritage listed Great Barrier Reef is a must for your chance to get up close to an incredible array of underwater life - there are plenty of Great Barrier Reef Tours to choose from. With 5 nights in Port Douglas, you will have plenty of time to discover the delights of the ocean, along with other treasures such as the Daintree Rainforest. And when it all gets too much, you'll have your pick of palm-fringed beaches to relax on.
5 nights at the 4.5* Freestyle Resort Port Douglas
Available Dates and Adult Prices
Quote Ref: 2806730,3671122
Not exactly what you looking for? View more options
- Prices are per person and based on twin share.
- All tour itineraries and inclusions are subject to change at the discretion of the tour operator; you will of course be advised of changes as they become available.
- Local and/or additional payments may apply.
- These are 'from' prices based on lowest priced travel dates within the advertised date band - please enquire for more details.
- Blackout dates apply.
Australia: Sydney, Rock & Reef
This classic journey has been designed to inspire you and help you get started with your holiday planning. So you can change any details you like to make it exactly the right holiday for you. You might want to upgrade your flight, spend a few extra days in Sydney or add on a Great Ocean Road tour while you're there. Here are a few ideas for creating your own tailor-made holiday to Australia.
Personalise your trip with a travel expert on 0800 707 6010.
These trips are tailor-made to meet your requirements so if you're looking for something slightly more wallet-friendly, we can help you look into cheaper ways of taking in the Australian icons.
If you are looking to travel Australia on a budget, speak to an expert to find the right price for you, call 0800 707 6010.
You can choose to make this trip even more special with an upgrade. Arrive in style with a business class flight, upgrade your accommodation to 5 star luxury or do both for a fabulously indulgent holiday.
Pick and choose which parts of your trip you want to upgrade:
- You can opt for flights in a higher travel class of your choice from £1,632 extra.
- Upgrade your accommodation from £263 extra per person.
to tailor your trip.
If fly-drive isn't your thing, why not take an escorted tour with AAT Kings? Their innovative itineraries combine the must-see Australia highlights with free time to explore at your leisure and local insights from your dedicated Tour Director. Expect some unique Australia experiences, such as meeting a local surf lifesaver at Bondi beach and being a lunch guest at the Returned Serviceman's Club - an Aussie institution.
Speak to one of our travel experts for more ideas on how to make this trip your own.
Call 0800 707 6010.
Enhance your trip by getting your day trips booked before you go, or even extend your trip and experience even more of Australia.
Here are just a few ideas:
- For an in-depth Great Barrier Reef experience, we recommend the superb Outer Reef day trip with Quicksilver. Travel 39 nautical miles by air-conditioned catamaran to the Quicksilver viewing platform at Agincourt Reef. From here, you can choose to snorkel, dive or stay dry in the comfort of a semi-submersible as you admire the colourful treasures of the underwater world. Then top off your experience with a hot and cold buffet, complete with fresh seafood.
- A visit to the Red Centre isn't complete without experiencing the magic of an Uluru sunrise or sunset. Uluru Camel Tours operate both sunrise and sunset trips and offer an interesting twist on the traditional tours. Breathe in the cool morning air as you ride your friendly camel for one hour through the desert landscape as dawn breaks over Uluru and Kata Tjuta. Watch the desert come to life and learn about the flora and fauna along the trail from your knowledgeable cameleer. After your ride, enjoy some freshly baked beer bread damper with quandong jam and a cup of billy tea or coffee.
- If you're lucky enough to have some extra time and would like to see a bit more of Australia, you could travel the Great Ocean Road between Melbourne and Sydney, or explore more of Queensland's stunning coastline. We'll sort out your car hire and accommodation so you can concentrate on just having the time of your life.
- Or you could really splash out and book yourself onto one of Australia's iconic rail journeys – the ultimate way to travel cross-country and drink-in those famous Aussie landscapes.
Australia: Sydney, Rock & Reef
Quote Ref: 3671122
Earliest Departure Date: *
Latest Departure Date: *